The Flemish-Dutch LGBTI Research Network, VU Pride, UvA Pride, and the Centre of Expertise of LGBTQIA+ Issues at the University of Groningen are pleased to announce the LGBTQIA+ Research Day 2022.
The Research Day will be held on 9 December 2022 from 10am until 5pm at the University of Amsterdam.
The theme of the day is Invisibilities. Here, invisibilities can refer to those who are (rendered) invisible in society, research, policy, and other interventions. We encourage presentations that engage with topics in the context of gender and sexuality such as (but not limited to):
• identities, acts, phenomena, communities that are commonly displaced from view
• research practices and methodologies that obscure particular phenomena and ways of being
• the ways in which your research renders the invisible visible
We are excited to announce our keynote speaker Dr Margriet van Heesch of the University of Amsterdam. Dr van Heesch is a sociologist and expert in gender and queer studies, whose current research focusses on the intersex movement and the sociology of romantic love in pop culture.
Contributions to the Research Day can include
• presentations of recent research findings (15-20mins)
• presentations of a research plan or proposal (15-20mins)
• flash talks (7 mins)
• artistic presentations, experiments, or performances (flexible, please give an indication)
• we also welcome proposals for panels
Contributions to the Research Day can but do not have to align with the day’s theme.
The deadline for abstract submissions is 23 September 2022. Abstracts should be submitted via the form you can find below. All presentations should be in English.
If you would like attend the symposium, please fill out the form you can find below. Attendance is free of charge.
For questions please contact email@example.com