In 2024, IHLIA LGBTI Heritage will be looking again for the best thesis in the field of LGBTQ+ history in Flanders and the Netherlands.
The IHLIA Thesis Prize will be awarded for the second time in March 2024. As of today, everyone can already submit their theses on this website!
As with the first edition – with winner Robbe Himpe who researched homosexual paternity in Flanders – IHLIA LGBTI Heritage wants to make LGBTQ+ historical research more visible and reward this biennial prize.
Eligible for the prize are both English and Dutch theses that:
- have been written at a Dutch or Flemish institute for university education;
- have been awarded a mark of at least 7,5 (NL) or 15 (BE) or more;
- were written in the academic years 2021-2022 and 2022-2023 (i.e. between September 2021 and September 2023).
Theses can be submitted until 30 November 2023 at the latest.
The author of the winning thesis:
- receives an amount of €750;
- will be able to edit his/her/their thesis into an article that will be published in the magazine Historica (provided it is positively assessed by the editors).
The festive award ceremony will take place at the end of March 2024 as part and conclusion of the Queer History Month, where the nominees and winner will present their thesis.
More information about the price, exact specifications and submission can be found here.