VU Pride is organising an LGBTQIA+ research day together with the Flemish-Dutch LGBTI Research Network, VU Pride, UvA Pride and the Centre of Expertise of LGBTQIA+ Issues at the University of Groningen. This will take place on 9 December 2022 at the University of Amsterdam.
- You can sign up here if you are interested to attend the event. Everybody can attend: students, teachers, scholars, etc. The event is free of charge.
- For the scholars reading this: we want to remind you that you can still send in your abstract until 23 September 2022. More information can be found below.
LGBTQIA+ Research Day – 9 December 2022
The theme of the day is Invisibilities. Here, invisibilities can refer to those who are (rendered) invisible in society, research, policy, and other interventions. We encourage presentations that engage with topics in the context of gender and sexuality such as (but not limited to):
- identities, acts, phenomena, communities that are commonly displaced from view
- research practices and methodologies that obscure particular phenomena and ways of being
- the ways in which your research renders the invisible visible
We are excited to announce our keynote speaker Dr Margriet van Heesch of the University of Amsterdam. Dr van Heesch is a sociologist and expert in gender and queer studies, whose current research focusses on the intersex movement and the sociology of romantic love in pop culture.
Contributions to the Research Day can include
- presentations of recent research findings (15-20mins)
- presentations of a research plan or proposal (15-20mins)
- flash talks (7 mins)
- artistic presentations, experiments, or performances (flexible, please give an indication)
- we also welcome proposals for panels
Contributions to the Research Day can but do not have to align with the day’s theme. You can find the call here.
The deadline for abstract submissions is 23 September 2022. Abstracts should be submitted via this form. All presentations should be in English.