The Faculty of Social and Behavioural Sciences is investenting in interdisciplinary themes. Therefore, we are looking for two post-docs. This particular one focuses on the politics of diversity and inequality. A broad description of that themes may be found here.
Do you have expertise in the area of the politics of diversity and inequality? Are you a passionate researcher and do you like to initiate relevant new research? Are you attracted by a large Political Science Department with international BA and MA programmes, and a research institute (AISSR) with ample opportunities for collaboration and exchange with scholars from other fields of political science as well as the other social sciences?
What are you going to do?
- You will do your research on the politics of diversity and inequality. You will present and publish your research to an international scientific audience;
- You will be active in the acquisition of research grants;
- You will seek (knowledge) exchange and (research) cooperation with professionals on your research area;
- You will contribute to the teaching in the Political Science BA and/or MA curriculum;
- You will make a positive contribution to the organization and cooperation within the program group and the department.
What do you have to offer?
- a completed PhD in political science or one of the related social sciences;
- demonstrable experience in research in the field of the politics of diversity and inequality;
- excellent research skills, as demonstrated by publications in international journals;
- original ideas for new, relevant research on the politics of diversity and inequality;
- ambition to conduct both academic research and research that directly contributes to political change;
- experience with science communication, or the willingness to develop these skills;
- excellent command of English in word and writing;
- the ability to work independently as well as part of a team;
- ability to work in an epistemologically diverse environment;
- some experience with teaching;
- good communication, social and organizational skills.
In addition, you are an enthusiastic colleague who likes to share knowledge, embraces open science, is curious, critical and eager to learn, i.e. one with an academic attitude.
This is a temporary employment contract for 32 – 38 hours per week, for the duration of 24 months.
Depending on education and relevant work experience, the salary amounts to a minimum of €3,974 and a maximum of €5,439 gross per month (scale 11) based on full-time working hours (38 hours per week), excluding 8% vacation allowance and 8.3% end-of-year bonus. The Cao Dutch Universities is applicable. In addition, we offer an extensive package of secondary employment conditions, including a generous vacation scheme and year-end bonus, and we believe it is important that you continue to develop and professionalize yourself. To this end, we offer excellent study and development opportunities.